Saturday, September 25, 2004

E = mojo music... squared?

The Theory of Mojo Music is really quite a simple one, yet still very deep. This theory can be used for any situation that you can hear music*: shooting pool, going bowling, dancing, whatever.

The Theory states that if the music sucks, it will throw off your "Mojo" and cause you to suck at everything. But, if "mojo music" is playing, then you can almost perform miracles. Example: When I'm shooting pool, if "Hell's Bells" by AC/DC is playing, I can make some of the most amazing shots ever, but if say "Skydiving" by Tim McGraw is playing, I may as well just not shoot, because 9 out of 10 times it won't happen anyway. Theoretically, if I were a doctor and I had to save a man's life and "Black" by Pearl Jam was playing, that man would live. However, if "Irresistible" by Jessica Simpson was playing, well that guy is pretty much screwed - "Call in the Preacher, this man needs his final rights."

Anyway, Mojo Music is also the ultimate scapegoat, if you're sucking it up, blame the music.

If the music is bad, the "mojination" won't happen, but if it is, well, the possibilities are endless

Now, my Top 5 List of Pool-Shooting Mojo Music:
"Black" - Pearl Jam
"Hell's Bells" - AC/DC
"Behind Blue Eyes (Cover)" - Limp Bizkit
"Figured You Out" - Nickelback
"Sweet Home Alabama" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

(If you're ever at Ozz and you here these songs together, I'm probably there. Or at least they understand the Theory of Mojination)


*That doesn't include playing an instrument or singing. If you are "creating" the music, it doesn't count

6 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Shamae. said...

I agree completly with everything you just said, sousa. Especially the Behind Blue Eyes part. That is an excellent mojo music song.

and LO! FINALLY SOME ONE AGREES WITH SWEET HOME ALABAMA!!! That is like THE mojo song to play at Ozz. You rock!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Shamae. said...

oh, I also enjoy any song by the steve miller band at ozz....

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Alex Sousa said...

Agreed, Steve Miller Band can do no wrong at Ozz

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Alex Sousa said...

Which reminds me, while we're down in the south for Shakespeare Competition, I fully intend on devoting my free time to finding a pool hall...

...and then of course shooting pool using the remainder of my free time...

...good...

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Shamae. said...

Well I have good news for you, Sousa. In the actual college, like the visiter's center, there is a couple pool tables. No Juke Box, but that can be easily fixed by bringing a portable CD player and some speakers...I am so ready, man.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger wheatable said...

Pool is against my religion.

Yet it is important to have mojo music when your dancing... or any music for that matter... you are so odd Zues.

I like that word... MOJO. **giggles**

 

Post a Comment

<< Home