Thursday, October 12, 2006

See you on the dark side of the moon

A girl told me once that everybody has a dark side and that the brave ones let it show. I believe everybody does have a dark side, I think everybody needs a dark side, but I was never sure about letting it show. She wanted to be dark. But I let mine show, and then I tuckd it away again.

I think I understand it now. The brave ones don't let it show exactly; they come to terms with it, they understand it, they let it be a part of them. Yin and Yang, one compliments the other to make a whole. I've just been thinking about that lately. I feel whole. I've realized since I tend to be more artistic, I can't fight the dark side but by admitting it and letting it be a part of me, it can be focused. Therein lies the rub, methinks.

---------------------------------------
'...The Way of the Warrior is not a glorification of violence. Far from it. It's about courage, yes. But it's about the kind of courage that means facing how things are, and telling the truth about that, telling it how it is.

Men growing up in this society get the idea that manliness equals aggression. Sensitivity is weakness is female is gay. The only emotion a real man shows is anger. He's dominance personified, every gesture he makes is a threat. Dis him, he's got to waste you. This trash comes to the kid from kid culture, where it looks to a kid like strength, like honor and courage. But it's not, it's a mask for fear. Most people fight from fear-- instinct, kicking in with the old fight or flight response. But a warrior moves through fear and comes out beyond it. He's at the point where you can say of him: "His strength is as the strength of ten, because his heart is pure." That's the man you want for a Mentor. A man of Peace, because he has peeled off the masks and faced his fears. Howling like a wolf is how a man reclaims his sensitivity..."

--Bliss Sketches by G.L. Horton

4 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Blogger Shexpeare said...

Yeah. I think I agree.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Alex Sousa said...

Good. Take some time, chew it over. When someone proposes a philosphy, I think it's wiser to take the time to believe it for yourself

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger thesexyswede said...

philosophy sucks!...I'm sick of thinking! good.

....
..

... thank you for making me think.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger thesexyswede said...

'good' was supposed to be more like, 'gaaawwwdddd!!!'

just fyi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home