Friday, July 15, 2005

There's a feeling I get when I look to the west and my spirit is crying for leaving

Crap.

It's back again.

I need my fix.

I want to go back to the coast.

It's nice out here in Utah, but it's just that: nice. Nothing holds me anymore. I want to get back out to California. Ocean breeze. Big cities. Ghettos to boot. I'm going stir crazy out here. It's in my blood. My heart is still out in California, and I think it always will be. For me California holds this wonderful feeling, I feel like I fit out there. Maybe it's the fact that I've spent the majority of my life here in little Orem, Utah; but, I feel like it's something more. It's almost spiritual. I breathe easier in the air there. I'm addicted. My love affair with California.

Everything here is the same. People look the same, act the same, you walk outside and it all smells the same. I've outgrown this city and I want to get out of it for a little while longer. I like Orem, it's nice. I've always hated hearing people say it blows for whatever reason; that's not what I'm trying to say. What I'm saying is it just isn't for me. Right now I need to get out for a little while have another break from its monotony. I need something bigger. I need Something grander. I need adventure.

Last time I was out there I missed all you, my Utah dwelling friends... so what do you say we load up some cars and feed my addiction?

When you stop seeing beauty you start growing old
The lines on your face are a map to your soul
When you stop taking chances you'll stay where you sit
You won't live any longer but it'll feel like it

I lost myself in the summer rain
I lost myself
I lost myself in the summer rain
In the summer rain

Tequila and orange, Jamaica and rum
At the Morella, honey on my tongue
In a small boat on a generous sea
You let me be your enemy
Tiny hand with a grip on the world
Holding our breath now, diving for pearls

I lost myself in the summer rain
I lost myself
I lost myself in the summer rain

Just as you find me always I will be
A little bit too free with myself
Just as you find me always I will be
A little bit too free with myself


I lost myself in the summer rain
I lost myself
Now there's no one else in the summer rain
Raining down
Raining down
Rain
Raining down
Raining down
Just as you find me always I will be
A little bit too free with myself
Just as you find me always I will be
A little bit too free with myself

It's not why you're running
It's where you're going
It's not what you're dreaming
But what you're gonna do
It's not where you're born
It's where you belong
It's not how weak
But what will make you strong
Summer Rain
U2

9 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger wheatable said...

Dude... I am totally going with you.

And you know whats wierd? That is exactly why I am going to SUU for collage. Its a spirital connection that I get when I am down in Cedar City... I can really place my finger on why... but truthfully I cannot stand vacations and I always love going home... but Cedar City is the one place I could stay forever and never morn for the lost Orem because I am home there.

Yea... you get it Zeus. You always do.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Button said...

I say cali. here we come. shmoo give us a little while to figure it out and then you will have lots of people there. I hope the coast is close........lets go

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Shamae. said...

You got until August 12th... GO

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger thesexyswede said...

WOOHOO! just don't trust shmoo to call you! (loser :P) LET'S GO!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Shamae. said...

AHH I'm SORRY Jessamyn! dang, I suck. ...I called you once. psh.. gar

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Button said...

oh yeah by the way thanks for the dance......

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger that lisa girl said...

orem's never been the place for me- too uptight and mormonish; too confined and way too hot. I always loved traveling because it would take me away from this place for however long we could make it. bring on that ocean breeze.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Cam Cam said...

Dude... Beginning of August. We're rollin out there hardcore, and it'll be awesome... because the Princes of Orem are freaking taking over!!!!!!! starting August... California... end of august THE WORLD!!!!!!!!! BAH HA HA HA (cookie hearts... snip snip)

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Shexpeare said...

yeah, me and button and jenesse wanted to head out there.... blah...

I haven't ever found another place that I could call home. But then again, I haven't really traveled much.
Who knows, I might find another place to call home soon enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home