Saturday, March 12, 2005

Hey you, dont help them to bury the light. Don't give in without a fight.

I was surfing the web today and I found something interesting called "The Death Clock." What you do is type in some information about yourself like gender, birthday, BMI, smoker/nonsmoker, like that, and it tells you when you're going to die. On the homepage they had this little thing that said.

"Welcome to the Death Clock(TM),
the Internet's friendly reminder that life is slipping away... second by second.
Like the hourglass of the Net, the Death Clock will remind you just how short life is."

Bull shit.
Do we really need a stupid, unfeeling, unknowing computer program to remind us how short life is? We all know already. Frankly it pissed me off, but it got me thinking. How many of us let opportunities pass us by? Maybe we're afraid of change, maybe we're afraid of consequences, maybe we're afraid of making a fool out of ourselves, whatever the case may be we don't do things that we want to because The Man told us we couldn't do them. So, now my friends, I have a homework assignment for you. Do something you've always wanted to do, but you've never done because you were afraid of it. Take a vacation from your worries. Damn the consequences. Ignore your insecurities. Just live.

I don't care what it is; I just want you to do it. You may think it really doesn't matter to me, but it truly does. You are all my friends and I want you all to break on through to the other side. Stand up to life, stand up to a society that says "that's unacceptable." Stand up and prove you're alive! If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. Do whatever you want, make yourself proud; show everybody else that the human spirit is still alive! In the end it's your life, and you do with it what you please (or what society tells you to do), but just remember that you've been warned.

Just do it, for yourself and nobody else. Don't do it because I told you to do it, do it because my thought inspired you to do something. Go tell that guy you think he's cute, ask the waitress out on a date, tell the world that it can go screw itself with your bold statement of self-fullfillment. Whatever you do take it and hold onto it, grab your life and take it back. It's hard, I know. But if you do this one thing, every time it'll be easier and easier and then you'll be free.
I'm on my way right now to go claim my humanity, and I hope you all do the same. People might say you're crazy, but if insanity is the price of living freely, I'll pay it ten-fold.

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives."
-Tyler Durden

"While considering your options, remember this and remember it well: choice without consequences is no choice at all."
-George Jung

3 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger thesexyswede said...

Very rarely do I come across great words of wisdom that truly inspire me to go out and do something with my life, and what you said has filled me with the motivation to live my life to the fullest...and to this post I have one thing to say...Mr Criman really is a typecaster because you are god!! ;)

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Cayenne said...

I enjoyed that little quote from my good friend Tyler. Sousa, honestly, I would go do something outrageous because of your blog. But, I already have man, you know me!:)

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger gLeOeVtEa said...

aha words of wisdom i do say. tru tru my friend. it's funny i think that the death clock made u think about LIFE rather than death. which is a good thing. and kind of ironic...(i like ur blog too :) )
cya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home