Saturday, January 08, 2005

It's been a while since I posted anything... it's been a while since I was on the computer... it's been a while since I had time. But, I think I'll have to start coming back around more often.

So, I had a realization the other day. Do any of you remember growing up and knowing what you wanted to be like? I do... and I realized I am the person that I always wanted to be... bittersweet is the only way to put it.

I'm not happy or sad about it, but I'm accepting it, and I guess that's a step in the right direction. I have to accept it because, frankly, I don't know how to be anything else. There is no 'normal' life, you just have to live. I can't say if I'm better or worse than I was last year or the year before and I don't want to know, because life is all relative. Life is just a series of events that shapes us into whatever we become, strung together by our own inner monologue making it into one story. I don't have the answers, but I'm trying... and I think that's the real trick

Well, thanks for reading my... well I don't know what that was exactly... but thanks. I hope we can all figure it out, or at least start. We're all in this together. We all have different problems, we all fight different battles, but it's the fact that we all have problems that gives me hope everyday that there is still hope.

God's speed everybody.

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years,
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how straight the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

-William Ernest Henley

Lucrece

What win I, if I gain the thing I seek?
A dream, a breath, a froth of fleeting joy.
Who buys a minute’s mirth to wail a week?
Or sells eternity to get a toy?
For one sweet grape, who will the vine destroy?

-William Shakespeare

4 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger wheatable said...

What win I, if I gain the thing I seek?
A dream, a breath, a froth of fleeting joy.
Who buys a minute’s mirth to wail a week?
Or sells eternity to get a toy?
For one sweet grape, who will the vine destroy?

-William Shakespeare


That my friend, is why I am my ever so hypocritical LDS self. In all realality... Will all summed up in that little paragraph my entire reasoning behind why I am morman.

Oh, and by the way Zeus... you suck.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Alex Sousa said...

Ouch Brit... do I even want to know what I did to deserve that?

Anyway, you're not the only one, my hypocrisy knows no bounds...

And Bryn, I'm glad I could help.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Shexpeare said...

It is nice to see you posting sousa.....

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger wheatable said...

AH! Zeus called me BRIT! Okay. Calming down.

Um... the 'you suck' comment was just my bitter self wanting to be more cool like you.

"Shall I bite my tongue till blood soaks my shirt?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home